KINETICWORLD.COM
THE SOURCE FOR KINETIC, ELECTRONIC, SOUND, STEAM, AND FIRE ARTS NEWS, INFO, AND RESOURCES
.:: Thursday, July 08, 2004



Exploratorium: Tinkering!

Good news! The Exploratorium in San Francisco is running an exhibition called simply "Tinkering!" this month and next.

Great news!!! As part of the show they have secured the Cabaret Mechanical Theatre automata collection to have on display until October 3rd. If you have never heard of or seen these machines you owe it to yourself to go see them while you can. These are many of the pieces that not only got me to dive whole hog into kinetic art and automata building, but also helped me retain my sanity while I was living in London many years ago.

Once I have gone for a visit I will report back, and maybe include some pix...if they'll let me.

Posted at 8:43 AM by CTP  | 
.
template © elementopia | some header images stock.xchng

KineticWorld is 2007 CTP Design & Creation
.:: SITE NAVIGATION
.
.:: CONTRIBUTORS
.
.:: EVENTS PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE
.
.:: FEATURED LINKS
.
.:: FEATURED SUPPLIERS
.
.:: REQUIRED READING
.
.:: ARCHIVES
.
.:: A LITTLE HELP
.